Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back to "Basics"

During some down time I had the opportunity to go into my art "archives" and pull out some old comics that I had drawn way back in the late seventies, early eighties. A comic book superheroes series I titled "The Dynamic 7"! This series about a group of  teen superheroes who had the same problems of most early teens coping with the challenges of growing up. While the artwork wasn't so great, I cherish them with great fondness as they were the very catalysts for my pursuit of art. I'm thinking that for farr too long, the ink pen and colored pencils have been neglected by me in exchange for the brush, canvas and pen tablet. Back to basics are a welcome change for me , if only for a short time, It indeed helps me refocus and reminds me how much I enjoy telling stories within a few panels and pages!
 
Panel from "Afrikan American Vamp"©SteveFarr

No comments:

Post a Comment