Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Chocolate, Sweet....Like Honey"

It wasn't until I had completed this painting, that I realized that the idea wasn't completely original. It was similar to a image that I had recalled from childhood, of a famous album cover by The Ohio Players called "Honey". As I remember, my older cousin had it displayed on his wall (can't do that now of course with CD covers, LOL). The image was the distinctive profile of a naked woman with a large spoon, holding a jar of honey against a black background. Here is a link: http://wfnk.com/ohioplayers/images/cv_honey.jpg  That album, was from the seventies. Its amazing how images can lay dormant in our sub-conscious for all those years! I was initially going to name the painting "Chocolate", so hence "Chocolate, Sweet....Like Honey".

No comments:

Post a Comment